Skip to main content


Student (F-1) Visa

If you are a citizen of a foreign country and would like to study as a non-immigrant student in the U.S., you will need a student (F-1) visa.

Admission Requirements

  • Be at least 18 years-old
  • Have proof of high school graduation (transcripts and diploma)
  • Have a minimum U.S. equivalent Grade Point Average of 2.0
  • Must have basic knowledge of the English language (at least one academic semester)

Admission Check-List

  • Complete online application
  • Pay $50 non-refundable application fee and provide proof of payment (pay on-line by credit card or pay by U.S. bank personal check, or international money order made payable to “University of New Mexico”)

Application Deadlines

Fall SemesterSpring SemesterSummer Semester
July 15thDecember 1stApril 30th

Click here for information on how to apply in applying for an F-1 Student Visa.