Institute for Mexicans Abroad (IME) and The Center for English Language & American Culture (CELAC) ScholarshipThe Institute for Mexicans Abroad (IME) and The Center for English Language and American Culture (CELAC) are pleased to offer a partial-tuition scholarship to eligible applicants. The partial-tuition scholarship ($500 - $2,000) is designed to provide financial assistance to Mexican students who are currently enrolled in the CELAC program or intend on enrolling in the CELAC program. The selection committee will base scholarships on financial need, academic achievement, the written statements, and the letter of recommendation. This award is subject to funding availability.
1. Pay the $50 CELAC application fee
2. Complete the CELAC application (you will need a copy of your passport, transcripts, and diploma
3. Complete IME/CELAC scholarship application (below) and submit letter of recommendation separately
- Completed applications will be reviewed by a selection committee after the posted deadline.
- Awardees will be notified via the email given on the application.
- Scholarship awards are directly paid to your bursars account.
- Withdrawal from the courses for which you are awarded the scholarship will result in a cancellation of the scholarship award.
- Dropping the courses for which you are awarded the scholarship will make you ineligible for future IME/CELAC scholarships.
- Be of Mexican origin*
- Meet regular CELAC admission requirements
- Have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA (high school, college, or CELAC)
- Be currently enrolled in CELAC or have submitted a completed application to CELAC
- Be enrolled or enrolling in a minimum of two CELAC classes
Scholarship Requirements:If selected, the student will:
- Be expected to volunteer during the awarded semester at various CELAC events
- Complete a final report at the end of the scholarship period detailing the experience
- Maintain eligibility through regular attendance, having a C or above grade point average, and complying with the F-1 visa regulations for international students.
Deadlines to Apply
|Fall: June 15th||Spring: November 1st||Summer: March 30th|