To be eligible for admission, you must submit your full application by the following deadlines:
|July 15th||December 1st||April 30th|
Prepare the following before applying:
- Pay the $50 CELAC Application
- Scan copy of passport, transcript(s), and diploma(s)
- Writing Sample: Choose ONE of the following topics and write an essay of approximately 150 words. The use of dictionaries is not permitted.
- Describe someone in your family who is special to you and explain how and why that person is special.
- Some people seem to learn a second language more easily than other people. What are the reasons for this? What are the characteristics of very good language learners?
- If of Mexican descent, and interested in applying for the IME/CELAC Scholarship, prepare the following documents (will upload to application):
- In 300-400 words, describe your academic achievements? (Describe tus logros académicos usando de 300 a 400 palabras.) *
- Describe your academic and/or career goals in 200-250 words. (Describe tus metas académicas y/o profesionales usando de 200 a 250 palabras.) *
- Explain why you financially need this scholarship in 250-350 words. (Explica cómo financieramente necesitas esta beca usando de 250 a 350 palabras.) *
There are three ways of paying the $50 non-refundable application fee:
PAY ON-LINE by credit card
Pay by U.S. bank personal check
International money order made payable to "University of New Mexico"
*You must provide a copy of your receipt as proof of payment on your online application.