CELAC Merit Scholarship for Returning Students
Overview:The Center for English Language and American Culture (CELAC) is pleased to offer a partial-tuition scholarship to students who are returning to the CELAC program after successfully completing at least one semester of full-time study.
Three partial-tuition scholarships of $500 USD are offered for each academic term (fall, spring, and summer) to students who demonstrate exceptional merit and are recommended by their current CELAC instructors. The selection committee will evaluate applications based on academic achievement and attendance at CELAC, a personal written statement, and the recommendation from all current CELAC instructors. This award is subject to funding availability.
- Have completed at least one semester of full-time study in the CELAC program
- Have an A average or above in all CELAC classes
- Have the recommendation of all current CELAC instructors
- Continue to be enrolled in full-time CELAC classes for the 8-week summer term or the 16-week fall or spring semester
- Have submitted your full scholarship application
1. You must have successfully completed at least one academic term in the CELAC program as a full-time student to be considered for this scholarship.
2. Complete the CELAC General Scholarship application below and upload your personal written statement.
- Completed applications will be reviewed by a selection committee after the posted deadline
- Awardees will be notified within two weeks of the application deadline via the e-mail provided on the application
- Scholarship awards will be directly deposited to your bursars account
Scholarship Retention:If selected, the student must:
- Maintain regular attendance record throughout the semester
- Have a 3.0 or above grade point average throughout the semester
- Not withdraw from courses that are covered by the scholarship*
Deadlines to Apply
|Fall: July 15th||Spring: November 15th||Summer: April 30th|