Transfer Process

Apply Now

Transfer Student

Transfer students are international students currently studying in the United States on an F-1 visa.

Students can transfer from another school within the United States to CELAC. Please complete the following steps:

  1. Apply to CELAC

  2. Contact the advisor at CELAC about your transfer request

  3. After acceptance into the CELAC program, inform your school advisor that you would like to transfer. Bring the acceptance letter from CELAC and have your advisor fill out the bottom section of the CELAC Transfer Form

Transfer Student Admission Checklist:

  • ☐ Complete the CELAC Application form; carefully fill out transfer information in the 'Immigration Status Information' box

  • ☐ Pay $50 non-refundable application fee and provide proof of payment

    • This fee is non-refundable and can be paid online by credit card, with a U.S. bank personal check, or international money order made payable to "University of New Mexico"

  • ☐ Print out the CELAC Transfer Form

    • Please read the directions for transferring carefully. You must fill out the top section of the form and your current school advisor must fill out the bottom section. Your advisor will need to then fax or scan and e-mail the transfer form to CELAC.

    • Then your advisor at your old school must transfer your SEVIS record to us.

*Please remember: you must transfer before the 60 day grace period after your I-20 program end date is complete. You must be in good student status in order to transfer to the CELAC program.

Please let a CELAC advisor know if you will be traveling out of the country before attending CELAC. If you are traveling out of the country, give a CELAC advisor your current address to send your new CELAC I-20. You must have a current I-20 in order to re-enter the United States.